We all want the best when it comes to natural hair care products, but what do we look for in our quest to keep our hair looking fabulous? It seems obvious that natural ingredients would be the best choice, but with so many variables in hair types, it’s difficult to know what product will work best on your unique hair. With so many products out there claiming to be the best for natural hair care, we’re going to isolate a few of our favorite natural hair care ingredients – the best ones you should search for in your quest for better looking, better feeling, healthy,natural hair.
- Shea Butter – Shea butter is utilized to nourish the scalp and promote hair health and growth. Rich in vitamins A and E, it can help soothe dry scalp, and impart moisture to dry, damaged hair. Shea butter can help restore moisture to hair that has been damaged from chemical treatments, and has sun protection factor that can provide protection from damage from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Olive Oil –Olive oil is used to promote a healthy scalp and adds shine to dry, dull hair. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A and E and according to Elle.com, can promote hair growth by removing the build up of sebum, which can impede new hair follicle formation. It can also restore shine to dry, damaged hair, making it more manageable.
- Sunflower Oil – Sunflower oil is rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin B, C and E. It is also rich in antioxidants and fatty acids such as Omega 9 acid, which can be helpful in preventing hair loss and restoring dry, brittle hair.
- Omega 3 – Omega 3 can help to rebuild and strengthen hair and has been shown to promote hair growth. It also has protective qualities, and can restore luster and shine and help to increase elasticity in damaged hair.
- Milk Protein – Milk protein can soothe dry scalp and help prevent itching. Milk protein contains essential amino acids and is useful for treating dry, damaged, brittle hair. It can also promote shine, manageability and strengthen hair.
- Argan Oil – Moroccan Argan oil is used to hydrate hair and helps to promote a silky, shiny texture. Rich in Vitamin E, and containing essential fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 9, Argan oil can help repair damage caused by chemical treatments or heat, and can restore and renew natural hair. Benefits of use include increased moisture retention, increased softness and manageability, increased elasticity, decreased breakage, scalp nourishment, and repair of split ends.
There are lots of natural hair care products out there and it can be difficult to sift through all of the confusing information. These are just a few of our favorite natural hair care ingredients, so look for those that suit your specific needs as you choose your products. We are individuals, and our hair has different needs…so do your research and ensure you are getting the best natural hair care products for your money!